Robert W. Barlow Memorial Library
In 1992, the Board of Trustees of the Iowa Falls Library decided that the community had outgrown the original Carnegie Library, built in 1905. Without a way to expand the old library, a new one needed to be built at another location, namely on Highway 20 near the Iowa River.
The community generously gave financial support and leadership to the project, and Jerene Barlow, in memory of her husband, Robert W. Barlow, gave a large donation.
The new library was dedicated on August 13, 2000 with a program beginning at 1:30 pm. Speakers at the dedication included Vision 21 Chairman C. John Campbell, State Librarian Sharman Smith and former Library Board President Jeanne Strahorn.
The library has a children's program room, a community meeting room, a teen room, the Melvin Oppold Reading Room, and a conference room.
Toddler Outreach Program
Targets childern age birth to five years making story programs accessible to them by traveling to local daycares and preschools
New series of states books
Summer program 2009