The Barlow Family Foundation is looking for projects that will make a difference in the lives of people in our community. We are especially interested in education because both Bob and Jerene Barlow made education a priority in their contributions.
Areas of Interest:
The Barlow Family Foundation gives funding to non-profit organizations with U.S. tax-exempt status only: 501(c)(3).
As we get more applications, we would like to favor new projects which need help to get started. Therefore, repetitive requests may or may not be considered.
We will favor matching fund applications.
We Do Not Consider:
- Religious programs
- Gifts to individuals
The Barlow Family Foundation operates within a 25-mile radius of Iowa Falls, IA.
Grants will be awarded up to $25,000.
- Requests are accepted year-round but will be reviewed only once a year. Applications are due on March 1.
- All applications must be submitted in writing on standard-sized paper. Do not send emails.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Your application must include a copy of your organization’s IRS tax-exempt letter.
- Please remember that we are a small foundation and can only fund a few of the grant applications that we receive.
Grant applications are reviewed once a year, in March. The board usually meets during the last two weeks of the month. Applicants will be notified immediately after the board meeting.
Print this form, complete it, and mail it back to the Barlow Family Foundation at:
PO Box 265
Buffalo Center, Iowa 50424
It would be appreciated if you could send 12 copies of your application, although this is not required.